var c = document.querySelectorAll(‘.pragrapDeatil’).querySelectorAll(“p”);
var newItem = document.createElement(“div”);
Yoga for flexibility: If you think you’ve got an inflexible body, fix it by doing these yoga poses daily.
Do you think your body isn’t flexible? One of the many perks of a flexible body is fewer injuries and reduced frequency of sprains and strains. It also improves your posture and body balance which would keep you away from various health problems that tight muscle cause. Many times, a sudden twisting can cause back pain which is an indication of poor flexibility. If you want to improve your flexibility, do yoga daily. We have mentioned some yoga poses for flexibility that are too easy to perform and extremely beneficial.
Flexibility is particularly very important for dancers as it helps them with easy and painless body movements. Also, the more flexible the body is the better they would can they dance. To prevent injuries, the body should be flexible enough to withstand all the twists and turns.
Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
This yoga pose is the simplest standing stretching exercise ever. It won’t stress your body and you won’t feel like even exercising while doing this asana. This pose is the foundation for flexibility.
- Just stand straight with your feet joined.
- Keep your hands on the side of the body.
- Keep your body firm especially the lower part.
- Now stand on your toes and feel the energy flowing from your ankles to legs to the spine, all the way to your head.
- Inhale and exhale in between.
Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Dog)
This stretching exercise is rejuvenating. This is a full-body exercise with mild inversion to strengthen your core as you stretch your calves, hamstrings and tendons. This yoga asana might be tough in the initial days but as you practice it, you’ll begin to feel the change.
- This exercise helps in loosening the body while strengthening arms and shoulders.
- For this exercise, get on the floor with your hands and feet forming a ‘V’ curve without bending your knees.
- However, give your knees a slight bend if your shoulders feel tight.
- Now, spread your fingers so that all the pressure gets on to your palms.
- Bring your head close to arms.
- Try pushing your shoulder away from ears while extending tailbones in up and back manner.
Uttanasana (Standing Forward Fold)
This is an easy stretching exercise for hamstrings and lower back.
- To perform this yoga pose, the first stand in the tadasana pose with your feet apart in shoulder-width.
- Bend forward with your knees straight. You may bend your knees a bit in the initial days to avoid muscle stress but try to do without bending.
- Try to touch your feet with your hands.
- Stay in this position for 30 seconds and then get back.
- Repeat this about 4-5 times.
Note: Always bend from your hips and avoid bending from the waist to prevent wear and tear.
Sukhasana (Easy seated pose)
As the name suggests, this yoga asana is pure bliss as it brings peace of mind. Besides, it will also stretch the body.
- Sit with your legs crossed with your feet below the knees,
- This might feel tight in the beginning but that is going to help you maintain balance.
- Keep your spine straight during the exercise without bending.
- Keep your hands on the knees or hips.
- This pose is often practiced in meditation also for its therapeutic benefits.
Shavasana (Corpse Relaxation Pose)
This one yoga pose is something that we all love after doing the above exercises. This relaxation pose relaxes the muscles to not overstress them. It allows in proper energy flow. Just lie on the floor with your hands on the side and feel the energy going up and down.
Read more articles on Yoga
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.